Since 1990, The Resolution Center has assisted families throughout Maryland by offering confidential and affordable, solutions-focused mediation, legal arbitration and family counseling.
- SAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS
- AVOID THE STRESS, DELAYS & COSTS OF LITIGATION
- MAINTAIN CONTROL OF THE OUTCOME OF YOUR OWN CASE
In the mediation process, the parties converse directly and control the outcome. The cost of mediation is about 25% of litigation and agreements can be reached in weeks instead of months or years. Mediation emphasizes cooperation in the short and long term. Most mediation sessions last about two (2) hours and are conducted in a comfortable informal setting. The number of sessions varies according to the issues, with an average of 2-3 sessions.
- Acknowledged by the Courts & the Bar
- Supported by mental health experts
- We have over 20 years of experience
- Children benefit
- Family conflict is reduced
- Mediation is now one of the fastest growing areas of law in the country
Howard County Mediator | Family Law Counseling Service
The mediator’s role is to encourage communication, to help identify common interests and values, to clarify communication and review legal guidelines, while avoiding all the confusing legal terminology when possible. Our expert mediation helps Howard county families during rough times, by reinforcing cooperative behavior and keeping the focus on parenting and the children, while exploring all the options. We’ll make suggestions and help draft the final agreement.